Thursday, April 1, 2010

Pork Ribs Maskipaps

"Maskipaps" is short for "maski papaano" which also means "however". When I cook something that I have no known name for, I just call it "maskipaps."

This recipe is actually my mom's. She uses pork belly so it is even tastier and juicier. Pork belly is not available in our local supermarkets so I use ribs instead.

Aside from it's very easy to cook, it tastes very appetizing. My kids love them -- they keep asking for one more piece after another.

Ingredients:
2 lbs. pork ribs
5-6 cloves garlic (or more)
1 tbsp sea salt
1 tsp black peppercorn
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
2 laurel leaves
5 tbsp vinegar (or more)
1/2 cup oil
water

Put all ingredients in a deep pan. Put enough water to cover the ribs. Bring it to a boil until meat is tender. When water is reduced to almost nothing, add oil to fry in the ribs. Remove from pan when ribs turn golden brown. Serve with hot & spicy Mang Tomas lechon sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment