Thursday, March 11, 2010

Chicken Tinola

Bored to death with my old recipes, I was in need of a new one. I saw Chicken Tinola while I was browsing through http://panlasangpinoy.com. Yes, I am a big fan! So far, all of the recipes I followed were all so good. He never disappoints.

It isn't a new recipe but I have chicken and spinach in the fridge. It's been very cold all week (a couple of weeks earlier) so I thought a steaming hot tinola would be a perfect meal.


What appealed to me most about this recipe is the use of "hugas bigas" or rice washing...lol. I remember my mom would use rice washing whenever she cooks tinola. I can't believe I forgot all about that.

The recipe listed green papaya and hot pepper leaves, both of which I have none. Unhesitatingly, I decided the tons of spinach I bought from Costco will have to do as a good alternate for the hot pepper leaves--which are probably not available here in my area.

The tinola turned out so well. We were all warm and happy :)

For the Chicken Tinola Recipe, just go to http://panlasangpinoy.com


No comments:

Post a Comment