Thursday, June 24, 2010
1 lb pasta (spaghetti, angel hair or penne)
1 lb bacon (fried)
4 oz butter
5-6 cloves garlic (or more)
1 can (7 oz) mushroom
2 cans Nestlé table cream
salt and pepper
1. In a skillet, brown bacon (I use Hatfiled Hardwood Smoked) until crispy. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepot, boil water with liberal amount of salt and olive oil. Add pasta and cook to al dente, about 8-11 minutes.
3. Using a different skillet, melt 2 oz butter over medium-low heat and saute garlic until soft. Add mushroom and cook for about 2 minutes. Still in medium-low heat, add the table cream and cook for about 5-10 minutes while stirring occasionally. Add the leftover butter (2 oz). The sauce should be smooth and creamy so never leave the sauce to cook without stirring otherwise it will turn chunky and coarse.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste. Do not add too much salt (a pinch will do) since the bacon will give the sauce the flavor it needs.
5. Drain the pasta well, pour sauce on it and top with crushed bacon and parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Posted by iamghines at 1:25 AM